September Statistics 2021
This is a National Statistics publication produced by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
You can see all information based on the number of companies claiming Research and Development (R&D) tax credits. Moreover, you will find also the associated cost to the Exchequer for claims covering the period up to the year ending March 2020.
Some notable highlights for 2019-2020 include:
- Estimated number of R&D tax credit claims of 85,900 for this period, which is 16% higher than last year’s report where the number was 59,000 claims.
- Estimated total amount of R&D tax relief payments was a huge £7.4bn, which is an increase of 19% from the previous year.
- There has been £47.5bn worth of R&D expenditure during this period, which is 15% higher than what the report shows for last year.
- Information and Communication, Manufacturing, and Professional, Scientific and Technical sectors still have the greatest volume of claims, making up 64% of claims and 69% of the total amount claimed for the year ending March 2020.
- Companies with offices registered in London and the South-East are by far the highest claimers making up almost half of the total amounts claimed.
Click here to read the full report now.